An Experienced and Dedicated Advocate
Joseph E. Lariscy
The Lariscy Law Firm is dedicated to helping people overcome difficult problems.
We defend the rights and freedom of people accused of DUI, shoplifting and other crimes. In the area of personal injury, we help victims of negligent acts obtain the medical care and compensation they deserve. We work hard to get positive results for our clients because we know the difference that our success can make in our clients’ lives.
Contact Joe Lariscy
For a free initial consultation with The Lariscy Law Firm in Athens, Georgia, call 706-389-4375 or contact us online for legal assistance.
Attorney Joseph Lariscy has more than 30 years of experience in these cases, and is determined to prevail in every case our firm handles. Joseph E. Lariscy, III has been practicing law in Athens and Northeast Georgia since the early 1980′s. A graduate of John Marshall Law School and Georgia Southern University, Joseph Lariscy is a solo practitioner, serving clients in a 16-county region. As a specialist in personal injury cases, he has successfully obtained settlements for over a thousand clients in automobile and truck accidents. As a criminal defender, he negotiates favorable judgements that often produce reduced penalties. He has helped hundreds of students in the greater Athens area handle DUI, Fake ID, Underage Possession of Alcohol and Public Intoxication charges.
Mr. Lariscy is an active member of the Western Circuit Bar Association. He is married to Dr. Ruth Ann Lariscy, a professor in the Grady College at the University of Georgia. They are parents of three children: Rachel, Joe, and Mary Morgan. The Lariscy family are members of Athens First United Methodist Church since 1981.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Theft by Shoplifting
- Drug Possession
- Traffic Violations
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Georgia, 1980
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1984
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1980
- John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D (Cum Laude)
- Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Western Bar Association, Member, 1984 – present
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 1980 – present
Past Employment Positions
- Chatham County Dept of Family and Children Service, Caseworker, 1972 – 1973
- Social Security Administration, Field Rep, 1973 – 1980
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Athens First United Methodist Church, 1981 – Present
- Sigma Nu