It is difficult to stay calm and collected after you have been involved in an automobile accident. Sometimes your last inclination would be to gather information from witnesses, take photographs, and get the at-fault party’s insurance information; however, these steps are some of the most important in establishing your personal injury claim. Use the following steps to ensure you will be compensated and covered for all of the damage done.
- Take photographs of damage to your vehicle. Take photographs of any visible injuries you sustained that may disappear over time, such as bruising.
- Exchange vehicle information (tag number, insurance company, policy number, etc) with all associated drivers in accident.
- Obtain a copy of the police report.
- Gather information from witnesses of the accident: Names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses will suffice.
- Seek medical attention immediately after the accident and follow through with any recommended treatment.
- Do not speak to or answer any questions from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- Do not sign anything from them without consulting an attorney.
With these steps in mind, you are on your way to building a worthwhile personal injury claim. The Lariscy Law Firm can assist you with any of the items above and all other aspects of your personal injury claim to ensure you are compensated for the inconvenience of being involved in an automobile accident.
Please call us today or contact us online for your free consultation.