With the holiday’s right around the corner, these holiday driving tips will come in handy. With a little prep, you can leave the road-trip stress at home and enjoy your holiday with family and friends.
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained. Make sure your maintenance is up to date, have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive.
- Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the most popular times of the day and year.
- If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or in a covered storage area.
- If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and give them specific instructions if the family gets separated.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident or accident occurs on the road.
- In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times.
- AAA and many other companies offer Smartphone applications that enable motorists to request help without making a phone call.
By following these safety tips during your holiday travels, you’re bound to have a safe trip. The Lariscy Law Firm can assist you with any questions or concerns if you happen to endure an accident or unforeseen incident. Please call us today or contact us online for your free consultation.